Translation of crime from the physical form of crime to digital crime requires a new form of evidence identification and extraction acceptable in the court of law.
Digital forensic experts are saddled with the responsibility of analyzing and investigating a computer or an electronic device used for digital crimes or cyber-attacks. They ensure that evidence is collected, preserved, analyzed, and upheld during the investigation of digital infrastructure.
What you’ll learn?
- Learn techniques to carryout Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering
- Learn techniques used to investigate and analyze computer infrastructures such as computer networks, operating systems, & mobile devices during cybercrime investigation.
- Understand the concept of digital policing and its role in the security of citizens in cyberspace.
- Learn how to apply forensics techniques during cyber-related crime intelligence.
Why pursue a career as Digital Forensics Analyst
Let’s look at the reasons why pursue a Digital Forensics Analyst Career:
- Increase Demand: 17% growth prediction between 2016-2026 by US Bureau of Labor Statistics for Digital Forensics Expert
- High Connectivity: Exponential growth in Internet-Connected devices due to the internet of things technology..
- High Crime Rate: Increased crime rate in cyberspace by cybercriminals will require professional digital investigators.
- Student's must have a computer system with high internet connectivity
- Computer system hardware requirement include at least 8GB Ram, and Virtualization Technology (VT)
- Computer System Operating System can be Windows 7 & above, Mac OS, SAN-SIFT
The duration for this specialization is 12months. It comprises about 6-8 months of skilled learning period, 4-6 months of certification training & exams period.
Job Opportunities and Career Prospect
Upon graduation from this Cybersecurity Career Pathway Program, graduates will receive a badge as HICS Professional Cybersecurity Specialist and should be able to fill the following position effectively.
- - Cyber Crime Investigation Officer
- - Computer Forensics Investigator
- - Forensic Computer Analyst
- - OSINT Specialist